Are you considering starting using coconut oil for hair? Why not? This hair oil is said to have a chemical structure that will enable you harmlessly clean, beautify, protect and nourish your hair. The fatty acids that the oil contains are said to be quite effective in moisturizing and nourishing the scalp.
Coconut oil is also said to be an effective natural hair conditioner. If you are considering conditioning your hair using the coconut oil for here, here are easy steps to follow;
- Get one cup of hot water into a bowl. Then scoop about 2 tablespoonfuls of the coconut oil and place it in a clean cup. Place the cup containing the coconut oil into the hot water and leave it there until all the oil is melted.
- Prepare your hair for conditioning. For instance, you can have it divided up for easy application (you can dampen your hair a little bit before applying the oil or simply apply on it dry). Then massage the melted oil ensuring it gets into the scalp and throughout the hair.
- Gently, use a comb to evenly distribute the oil all through the hair and then cover the hair using a shower cap. Ensure that all the hair is well covered. Leave it for at least one hour before rinsing. You can leave the coconut oil for even a fortnight for better results. The longer you leave the oil on hair the more conditioned it will be.
- Shampoo the oil until all the oil is removed. If you realize the hair needs further conditioning, massage a little hair onto the scalp.
- Style as desired; You can use a little of the same coconut oil to style your hair.
Other uses of coconut oil for hair
Apart from nourishing, moisturizing and conditioning hair, coconut oil for hair can also be used on hair for various purposes. Firstly, such can be used to fight against dandruff. To reduce or get rid of dandruff use the oil regularly instead of your commercial anti-dandruff shampoos. Coconut oil can also be used to enhance the growth of hair. The oil contains lauric acid, which is one of the effective agents that prevent hair. Once the acid gets into contact with the scalp, it activates the hair follicles thus enhancing hair growth. Coconut oil also contains vitamin E. Vitamin E helps in moisturizing and rejuvenating both hair and body skin.
Coconut oil is also used to help retain proteins especially when shampooing. Many commercial hair shampoos tend to contain harsh chemicals, which rids the hair of its protein. Contrary to this, coconut oil only contains natural ingredients, which are quite healthy and beneficial to hair when shampooing. Loss of hair protein makes hair brittle and weak thus susceptible to falling. There are even some suggestions that coconut oil for hair can help in treating baldness. There are even some suggestions that coconut oil for hair can help in treating baldness